Wednesday, July 30, 2008

July 30, 2008 My final day in Albania


The Stephens Center

This morning Christy and I met with Alma from the prison ministry to look at necklaces that the women in prison hand make and sell to make some money.  Alma is a volunteer and she works with them to help them develop some type of trade.  We met at the Stephens Center where you can actually order american pancakes and french toast, so that is what we had for breakfast, it tasted so good.  
Christy & Alma at the Stephens Center

After our breakfast meeting we met with Migena from the christian women's magazine Ilure.  The interview went beyond what we could have imagined.  We will be featured in two separate months with one article with the interview with me and with pictures, and then a separate article about Christy with her on the cover.  In addition, they have agreed to allow us to write encouraging words from Journey of the Heart monthly in each addition.  Which means we can reach over 8000 women in Albania with this opportunity.  We will be writing encouraging words along with points of interest about mentoring and its value to women, their children and to the communities of Albania.  This truly was out of the hand of God.  Watch our website for complete details on the how and when for the articles will be in the magazine.  We will get copies and Evis has agreed to translate each article into English so we can attach it to each addition.  

Our next meeting today was at the American Embassy with Ambassador Withers.  He was gracious and allowed us a few minutes today to talk about Journey of the Heart and what we are doing for women in Albania.   He shared his experience here in Albania and imparted great wisdom about our approach.  He was impressed and wants to talk with us further about this.  then asked if he would mind a picture with me.   Christy then took a picture of the Ambassador and me to share with all of  you.


 Ambassador Withers and Mary 

I then had to go and say goodbye to my new dear friend Evis.  She has impacted by heart in a very powerful way.  It was hard for me to say goodbye, so we didn't say goodbye, we simply said I will see you tomorrow.  As i walked away from her i cried.  I have been changed by knowing her.  

I want to thank all of you for praying.  You have seen the results of your commitment and sacrifice on behalf myself, Christy, Journey of the Heart and everyone we have encountered.  There are no words to express my heartfelt gratitude, but for now I give you thanks.  God is rescueing women to bring hope and healing to their hearts.  
I will finish the blog on Friday, but i must say goodnight, it is 10pm here and i must go to bed because i will need to get up at 3am  to make my 5:35am flight home.    Blessings to you all!
It is hard to believe that my time here for now is over.  It has felt like I just got here.  I believe that all that God wanted done was accomplished and beyond.  It would take me pages and pages to tell you all everything that we experienced.  But for now I just want to say Praise God!
 

No comments: