Sunday, July 27, 2008

July 25, 2008 Friday


This morning we held our Tea for the mission organizations we invited.  We spent time listening to who they were and also wanted to continue to share with them our global mission.  We met with 2 other people from World Vision Idlur and Katie.  They both wanted to see how we could partner with all of the sectors of Albania that World Vision were present.  So, we have committed to partner and will be working out all of the details on how they will happen.  We felt that the Tea was very successful because we continued to build relationships with these amazing people here who are working so hard to help the people of Albania.  Idlur who is the gentlemen in one of the pictures, actually graduated from Purdue University and just got back from a visit back to Indiana to visit his friends.  

Idlur & Katie from World Vision chatting with Christy

After our tea Evis and Christy and I went back to Bathore to first have our follow up meeting with the staff we trained last week to be Hope Partner Mentors.  We had the opportunity to work on some additional skills and to continue to equip and encourage them all.  Christy will continue to meet with them.  
After our follow up meeting we met with the women's group that we met with last week.  We began with Christy showing them how to care for each other in giving hand and feet massages.  Some to them were not to sure about this in the beginning but eventually they all had the chance.  I even got my hands and feet massaged.  Anila came over and said she wanted to massage my hands to say thank you for me coming to her home.  I have learned so much humility from these women.  I am forever changed.  
 
Two of the older women, which at first were not sure about this, they loved it.


These girls loved this experience

Anila massaging my hands, it was great.


I then talked to them about the love of God and how it is possible for me to love them with the love of God even if I don't even know them.  Christy then talked to them about the importance of celebrating who they are and how we celebrate them as well.  She gave each of them our purple celebrate journal. 

I brought each of them hand made bracelets that Kay Woitha, Glenda Simons, Cassandra Michel and myself made before I left.  We laid them out on the table and allowed each of them to choose the one bracelet they wanted.  They were very excited about the gifts.  I explained that there were women in the United States that hand made the bracelets and wanted them to give them to each of them as a gift made with love.  They then said they would like to send something back someday that they hand made.  They were very grateful.  We had a wonderful time.   Saying goodbye was difficult.  They will be in my heart for sometime.

Anila with her new bracelet

We then spent time with Evis and recorded an interview to explain more in detail Global Care Mission and the reasons we have committed to partner.  I asked Evis why she felt that our training was so important for her organization as she works with these women.  She said "I believe this training that we have had will save these women's lives".   I was overwhelmed.  
Two of the children at the Center of Global Care


Global Care Center in Bathore


On the way out of the Bathore, Christy stopped the car and did a UTurn in the middle of the road with people waiting behind us, just so we could get the picture below.  She said I have to get this picture for my Uncle Terry, he would want to know that this still happens today.   This was literally at the street.  

Cow being gutted right out on the side of the street

No comments: